Friday, December 01, 2006

Big Sis

Ruthie loves her little brother. She is having some major adjustments as far as she and I are concerned, but she doesn't seem to hold it against Mac. She kisses him and touches his nose and covers him and bounces his bouncy seat and is an attentive sister. The hard part so far is when I'm nursing Mac and I can't attend to her every need. If anyone out there has advice for this transition from one to two feel free to pass it on! Especially these early days.

Mac is a good little boy, usually only crying when he's hungry or during his designated fussy time of the day. He loves looking around at black and white objects, or faces, and he responds to music and lights really well. ( I should take him to Vegas.) He wakes up about every three hours at night, and sleeps from feeding to feeding, which is wonderful to me. It is so sweet to hold my newborn son and think of what he will grow to be. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually had Georgia get a stack of books and sit next to me on the couch. I would read each page and let her turn them when it was time. It worked well. Sometimes I resorted to the t.v. Elmo World episodes are especially helpful for this because they are only 15-20 minutes long. Or I would try to interest her in taking care of her baby dolls...which never lasted extremely long. They look precious!

Anonymous said...

Hey Merrill!
What a precious little family! Congratulations on the birth of little Mac...he is a doll.
I was going to give you some sage advice on the nursing thing, but it seems my "wise, sensible, honest" daughter beat me to it!
I really was going to tell you to get a stack of books and read to her beside you. I did this and I guess Jessie remembered it...or maybe she thought of it all by her own wise self. Elmo wasn't around for me, but I'm sure he's a good idea too!
Love you all!
Sue Ann
PS...don't I get any credit for being able to drive large blue vehicles?!? Especially filled with people!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue Ann
Thanks so much! And you do get loads of credit for being able to drive large blue vehicles with multiple children inside! Ahhh, the Suburban, wasn't it two-tone blue?
Love
Merrill