Saturday, September 08, 2007

reunion




This past week I drove up to Birmingham, AL to see two of my roommates from college. It was my longest trip yet with two kids and let's just say I learned alot. (Like how many things you can do while driving, how long my 9 month old son will sleep on long journeys i.e. not long; and how long my 9 month old will cry while on long journeys i.e. a long time.) I was so glad to see Faith and Karenina, and Faith's little boy, Duncan. We remembered the fun times and tried to catch up on current times. Faith lives in California, so this was my only chance to see her for a while. Karenina lives in Birmingham, so I hope to be able to go up without kids and be able to catch up better. It is hard to do so with two kids in tow. Plus, Ruthie came down with some sort of "fever virus" and was miserable for several days. One happy thought, these girls will be sharing eternity with me. I know this for certain, and I think it will be time enough to sit and talk and laugh and share our hearts. But, I'll keep trying here too.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Everyone looks the same! I am glad you guys had a great time - I wish I could've made it (if only I can get down apparition and side along apparition with 3 small children.).

Merrill said...

we missed you Jess...Jay and I have been trying to decipher your parenthetical...not sure what you meant, but we're giving you lots of props for your crypticness

Parks Avenue said...

Merrill,
I'm glad you got to see everyone. Props to you for travelling with two small children. It is no easy task!
-annie

Anonymous said...

SO glad we were able to get together, even if it was a short time. Maybe next time I will have had more that 5 hours of sleep and a shower! I will say that without Jesse it felt incomplete. We must have a Beta 2-205 reunion soon!! Miss you my friend!
Karenina

Anonymous said...

Ok so I have too many Jessie's in my life and they all spell thier names differently! And I have no idea what Jessie was trying to say...