Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Military Mardi Gras Ball 2009





Well, it's that time of year again. The time when people knock each other down for plastic beads, squashed moon pies, cheap plastic cups and crusty teddy bears- Mardi Gras in Mobile! Jay and I enjoy the Military Ball every year, and this year I was able to squeeze myself and my volleyball into last year's dress! That was priceless, let me tell you. I got some funny looks- I guess pregos don't usually go to balls. The sit down dinner was nice, and it is just fun to get dressed up perty now and then. This year there was a cardboard Coastie there- Bob, and I was lucky enough to get my picture with him. His wife said he wanted to come but was not able, so she brought the cardboard version of him. I am glad I had real Jay with me. He is now a Lieutenant JG, and really stays busy working on CG duties despite the fact that he is a Reservist. I am proud of his service to our country, and I hope he continues to succeed in it and enjoy it.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Impressive! Your belly in the dress and your husband's chest candy!

danielle said...

That is amazing that you fit into the dress. You look great! And I'm glad you guys had fun.