Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A day at the beach




March means beach weather is here again! I love the beach in the early spring- it is cool and refreshing and amazingly beautiful. I spent time with my parents last week since Jay was out of town and they live just north of Navarre Beach, Florida. This beach holds so many memories for me- many other days at the beach in high school and beyond- and the memory of Jay asking me to marry him! So we loaded up the kids and spent some hours playing and having a picnic. Ruthie amazed me by actually playing in the water- which is still way too cold for most people. She danced and frolicked and it was precious to see. Mac loved digging in the sand and sliding down the big cliff cut out by the pounding surf. He liked the water too, but he wanted me to get in with him and I just couldn't do it. (Especially since my balance is all out of whack with this huge uterus.) I was sad to pack up and leave, but there will be more memories made on this stretch of white sand.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Where are the pregnant bikini pictures?