Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Happy Birthday Peter! (March 15, 2012)




Sweet little Pete turned one while we were down in Florida in March.  My Dad's funeral was on his birthday, so we celebrated the next day with my brother's family and my Mom.  Unfortunately, my camera died after the cake picture, and I used my Dad's camera, which died after I took pictures, and we were unable to find the charger before I came home.  Peter is a joy- he is so busy and so fun and so sweet!  I must say he was such a comfort to me during the whole ordeal with my Dad.  Pete would snuggle with me and make me smile through my tears.  I was so thankful for his precious smiley face next to mine.  Even at the funeral he made my Mom and I smile- trying with all his might to grab Mom's glasses off her face. 

He is very verbal- chatting very seriously in his little language.  Last week he said "ball" in context.  That is his 4th word, after MaMa, DaDa, and Sissy (Ruthie's nickname).  He is still not walking independently but he LOVES walking with someone holding his hands, or cruising around furniture.  He eats most foods, and especially loves pizza lately.  It is easier to say what he doesn't like, such as blueberries and carrots.  He will gobble soft cooked peas like nothing I've ever seen. 

He claps and gives high-fives, and points to things, and goes down stairs very well.  This was a crucial thing to learn at our house with two sets of stairs on which we need him to be safe.  Pete is overall a super laid back little guy- going with the flow, with only occasional major opinions, like not wanting to get in his car seat, or desperately wanting to be outside- all the time.  He loves to explore our yard.  He also loves his brothers and sister, and is all up in the mix with wherever they are and whatever they are doing.  Just like them, Pete gets the hiccups when he laughs.  All four of the kids have inherited this trait from Jay- it is really cute. 

We love Peter so much- he is a wonderful gift to our family- he brings us such smiles and laughter and, well, some consternation (he does love to play in open toilets), but such joy!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww...Petey. Every time I see a picture of him I just want to snuggle him and kiss his little cheeks!

My Thoughts Exactly said...

I didn't know about your dad, I'm so sorry!