Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Buen Viaje!



We flew out the day after my birthday, after an amazing packing job by Jay- you can't imagine how much random stuff you end up with after moving out and being on vacation for three weeks.

Our first story from the trip began when we checked in at the Pensacola Airport and they told us there were only 5 tickets- someone had cancelled Jay's ticket!  (Jay and Mac were both listed as James M Hodges).  So we are standing there, unbelieving what is going on- kids are whining for food, Jay is on the phone with the Govt travel agency that booked the tickets.  For 45 horrible minutes we stood there- me praying and just begging The Lord to get Jay on this plane.  The options were me go by myself with 4 kids, with Jay meeting up with us later that night- or all of us going back to my Mom's until later that week- both options horrible- flying solo with 4 kids!  Unpacking and repacking and saying goodbye again!  You can imagine my state of mind at this point.  It got to the point where Jay asked the ticket lady to pull our luggage ( which was already checked in), she radioed the guys at the plane... When the Govt travel agent said she got Jay on!  I think I went limp- and we waited again for it to show up on the ticket lady's computer- and then the kids and I ran to get to Security.  Jay caught up- and the amazing thing was that the flight was already delayed 45 minutes- otherwise we would've totally missed that flight!  Thanks be to God-  all I can say.   And Oh, the relief, as our plane took off with all 6 of us safely on board.

Second story- Mac holding up his first lost tooth as we boarded the plane in Miami!  We just laughed and laughed.

We landed safely in San Juan and had a quick, uneventful rental-car pick-up/ meet-up with Jay's sponsor, drive back to our temporary house in CG Housing.







1 comment:

Renae Moore said...

Oh the life of the military spouse and kids! You all are going to make such good memories! Love reading about your adventures and reminding myself of good times we shared as a family!

Looking forward to keeping up!

ox