Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Misadventures Unlimited

Remind me never to take my children to a professional photographer again. Or if I do go, to drink a Dr. Pepper and smoke marijuana beforehand. (Joking about the Mary J. Juana) My children do not do well. Ruthie refused to smile. It was like she and the photographer were having a stare off. She kept wanting me in the picture, and so Ms. Photographer humored her with a lovely shot including me with yoga pants and day old smeary mascara. I think I'll order that one for sure. Mac smiled plenty, but would not stay in the proper picture-taking area, and tried to stay glued to my leg most of the time. He was mainly interested in the goldfish I used to get him to sit still. I think that kind lady let out a sigh of relief when we left. We tried to turn the day around by getting ChickerAys as Ruthie calls Chick-Fil-A, and eating at the park, but a cold front had come through while I was fighting for smiles, and we were not dressed appropriately. And it was trying to rain, so we went home and took long naps. That is the way to turn a day around. Or a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the memories this story conjures up. Keep trying, Merrill; you need those pictures, and some day they will laugh at them with you.

Anonymous said...

annonymous is Sally

Parks Avenue said...

Merril,
Bo or I can do the same thing all day still call it professional except we'd post teh pics of your in your yoga pants on our blog later...yes we are professional, Classic Actually
Scott