Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hummus Among Us

I saw this recipe in my local newspaper and just had to try it because I love hummus. This is a really delicious variation that is wonderful with a Mexican/Southwestern meal.

Black Bean Lime Hummus

2 cloves garlic
2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
3 T lime juice
1/2 t salt
1/2 c olive oil
3/4 c chopped fresh cilantro

Place garlic in a food processor and process until minced, about 10 seconds. Add beans, lime juice, and salt and process into a puree. With processor running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube. Process until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Add cilantro and pulse approx. 10 seconds. Serve it up, amigos!

The recipe actually says to serve with banana chips(?!) which I don't love, so I used regular tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you posted this. I meant to ask you for it that day.