Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mama said there'd be days like this

So I am two weeks without Jay starting yesterday, and dreading it, which certainly makes it worse. And Harris is awake more and very fussy. I am seeing the mercies of the Lord in spite of the hardness of this week so far. Like dinner brought last night from my sweet sis-in-law Kelli. And a visit from my dad who brought some New Balances for me (my first pair ever). And the ability to sit and laugh with a screaming newborn, a screaming 2 1/2 year old and two kids in the bathtub. I said "who's having fun?" and Ruthie smiled with me. I am thankful for a healthy baby boy, and I am hopeful that he will settle down, it just might be some tough weeks until then. I realize in this that I really like things to be easy and comfortable, who doesn't? But I wonder how much of what I pray for is based on my own comfort and ease and desire to have "my own time, my own way." I think I don't know really how to pray rightly, but I have this feeling of total rescue when I think of how Jesus intercedes for me. He knows what to pray; he can take my feeble efforts and say what I needed to say. He can teach me to pray and make my heart right.

I love you Lord because you have heard my voice and my pleas for mercy
He is my help and my shield

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I wish I could help!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

We are just a few minutes away if you need anything in the evenings!I mean it,don't hesitate!!!

Emily said...

This was encouraging, Merrill. I'm sure many of my prayers are for my comfort and well-being. It's encouraging to know we have an intercessor.

And seriously, please do call me while Jay is gone. Maybe I can come one evening and play with the kids while you kick back and rest. I mean that -- if you don't call me, I'll call you!

JD and Danielle said...

I feel the same way. Wondering if my prayers are based on my comfort and my desire for things to be easy. What an encouraging post and you are a great mom! ( Through the grace of God)