Friday, February 05, 2010

To the snow he says, "Fall on the earth"...

As I said several posts ago, I knew January would return with a vengeance. The forecast is 16-24 inches of snow today and tomorrow! The total for this area so far this winter is 24 inches, which is above normal. My theory is that the Lord knew how much Ruthie and Mac were excited about living in Virginia where it snows, and he has opened up his storehouses of snow to show them what he can do. I know that's a bit child-centric, but I know he delights in delighting his children, and bringing himself glory. So bring on the snow.


For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour.
Job 37:6

He gives snow like wool; he scatters hoarfrost like ashes.
Psalm 147:16

1 comment:

The McNeills said...

Glad your little peeps are enjoying the snow. I like those verses. I'll have to read those to the kids the next time it snows.