Friday, April 09, 2010

Bean There, Done That

Earlier this week we discovered that the boy loves black beans. Alot. I have always shuddered at those commercials with toddlers covered in spaghetti, throwing it around the room. Gross. I usually maintain a certain level of acceptable messiness with my babies learning to self-feed by wiping as they eat, especially hands, because that is how it gets out of control. Well, with baby number three, it is all I can do to feed myself, keep an eye on two other kids and try to have a conversation with everyone, so I toss food to him and deal with the results ( he hollers a good bit when the food isn't coming fast enought. We're trying to train this out of him; it is rather like a baby lion- loud and fierce, but somehow endearing). This bean incident got messy very quickly, and by then, I just let him go. ( I also fed him some guacamole and there was a big clump in his ear, which greatly amused his big bro and sis.) He needed a bath anyway. Well, later this week...


He did it again, and somehow, with no bib this time! Good thing it was a dark shirt. But he's so happy. We laugh and he gets wild and throws his hands in his hair and all over his high chair; time for another bath!


This shot is amazing: note his TONSILS, and the beans coating the underside of his arms. I think it is good for his skin. It's like a black-bean-mud spa treatment.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Claire loves black beans too. Maybe they can have a bean party when they are together again. Sometimes I throw a can of black beans, a can of corn, and a diced avocado in a bowl and she eats that for dinner for days...(organic canned, of course ;0) )...and I consider it a very gourmet mexican meal for a baby...