Friday, October 22, 2010

What We Been Doin

I have come out of the depths and feel like a new person again. Hooray! Let the church bells ring! So really for a month I've felt better but have been swamped by starting our homeschool adventure and trying to adjust the housework and other things- so blogging has doubly fallen by the wayside. Plus, I want to catch up on posts that I should have done during the summer before I do day-to-day stuff, which is overwhelming. Plus, I've been having photo problems with my computer. So all that to say why I Have Not Been Blogging. It has been nice having a few friends and family say how they miss it- it has motivated me to start back. So here we go. I did the pictures backwards, so if you want correct chronological order, start at the bottom picture and go up. Sorry, I'm off my game.



(Early September) We went to a lovely evening picnic for Neighbors of Mt.Vernon. The kids got to go on a wagon ride, and we got to go up to the third floor of the mansion, which is usually closed, as well as the basement, which is featured in the ridiculous movie "National Treasure."


(August) We went to see Jay at work for "Lobster Fest," one of TISCOM's annual festivals.

Ruthie in a tree on the beautiful grounds at TISCOM. It is a really pretty base with lots of trees and several playgrounds.



We made it to the Zoo!



We went to see the "Sunset Parade;" which takes place at the Iwo Jima Memorial right beside Arlington National Cemetery every Tuesday during the summer. The Marine Band (bottom picture) performed, and the Silent Drill Team (above). Both were impressive, but the Silent Drill Team is just amazing. You can look up some videos of them on YouTube and check out the skill and discipline of these Marines.






The kids found a new use for those plastic bags everyone loves to hate.


One of my friends from church celebrated her 40th birthday with a totally rad 80s party. Here I am with the birthday girl, Sara.




You know I wore my Chucky T's. And others were just as cool.


Friends! Jeanette and Staci.


The kids and I went to the Children's Educational thingy at Mt. Vernon. It is really fun. Macky got to be Jacky! Ruth and Mac play Nellie and Jacky at home, so this was right up their alley. Especially Ruthie...


...who got to dress as a little colonial girl! She was disappointed that the dresses weren't "long" enough, but oh well. The flip side of this wonderful Mt.Vernon dollhouse was complete with all the rooms and furniture and little dolls for the kids to play with.


Curly boy Harry got cuter. This is back in July when he was so curly! Precious!

He also has a new fascination with hats that began this summer. It all started with the pink straw, which Ruthie calls his "old lady" hat.


Love it! (the cast came off in early August)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

YEA!!!!! The silence is broken! I love seeing those sweet faces again!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Thanks for updating !We missed "hearing" from you!

Anonymous said...

Merrill!!! I post WAAAAAAAAY down here because I just got through catching up on your life!! a few things: 1. Your kids are so big now!! They are so adorable.
2. Your hair looks amazing. 3. Very cool that you're homeschooling...love it. 4. Congrats to Jay for integrating into active duty!! 5. You live the coolest life..I'm convinced of it. 6. I wish I knew you even better :)

love you! and SO GLAD you're updating again!! missed you!