Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mac is 4!

As he happily tells everyone he has seen since his birthday, Mac is now 4! He said yesterday that "I smell like a 4 year old." He is such a boy, such a sweetie. He has wanted a "Rocket Party" since we went to the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center this summer. And he was counting on his Aunt Kelli sending him a rocket, which she did! Here he is with his Rocket Cake.


Pinata time!

Of course little brother had to get in on the action. He loves beating things (furniture, people) with bats and sticks, so this was by far his favorite birthday activity.

Mac's buddies! They made the party so much fun!
I took Mac for a four year check-up this week and he checked out fine. I've had concerns about his weight and appetite, but he is still fine on the chart, and growing on track over the years. He was so good for the Doctor too, which tells me how grown up he is. He used to completely throw a fit and scream, but this time he chatted with the Doctor, and laughed and was just the perfect patient. He proudly showed off the warts on his fingers and his rockin' arm muscles.
We love our Mackiedoo so much! He is really a bundle of energy and fun- loves to read and jump and play ball and run races and be chased and tickled. He loves grapes and hugs and snuggling and his sleeping buddy, Dino. One of my favorite things he does lately: he'll come and say to me, "Come here Mommy, I have to show you something AMAZING!" Then he'll show me a new jump he has devised or a dead bug in a corner, and I am AMAZED, and I love it!

No comments: