Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Cheese Stands Alone

Ahhh, spring on the farm...

the classic red barn...


a corn crib...



Depression era farmhouse kitchen...





lil' red tractor...



a baby pig peeing in a puddle and then drinking from it....(too hilarious not to document)



more little piggies sacked out in the sun...



and Mama Pig, totally sacked out (note tongue lolling) with babes suckling and tugging. She didn't move a muscle. I guess since I'm also a nursing mama, this struck me as extra funny. Wish I could just lay down and let the babe nurse at will. Well, at least I don't have 10 or so little ones all the same age needing milk. I hope these little piggies buy their mom a great Mothers' Day present and bring her breakfast in bed (no bacon though).


Saturday we went to Frying Pan Farm, a 1930s farm run by our county. It is a working farm, with all forms of livestock, an equestrian center, and beautiful fields from which they stock their farmer's market. They also have many of the original buildings from the 30s, like the dairy, farmhouse and smokehouse. It was fun and interesting, the kids loved it and it was FREE!

No comments: