Saturday, June 04, 2011

six degrees of Kevin Bacon or something- it's true!

One of the amazing and super crazy things about moving here to Northern Virginia/DC is meeting people who know people I know or have some sort of connection to people or places that make me go, "holy cow, are you serious?" I'm not sure why it is so exciting to me, maybe just
because it makes me feel not so far away from friends and family, or maybe that it's like a smile from God because he knows that I get a kick out of it- it is sort of this crazy feeling that all is not random really, there is a greater hand at work. Here is my documentation of all the crazy "you know so-and-so's!" and they are moving here or living here? that I can think of from our time here.


-my friend Purvi's friend is one of my roommates in Prague's best friends


-our pastor Tom's daughter lived in Orlando and became friends with our friends from college, Shane and LaJuan.


-my friend Andrea went tocollege with a girl I knew in high school


-a man at church named Christian, fromPensacola, dated a girl I knew in high school

(these high school connections are really funny because it was a tiny Christian school-my
class had 5 graduates, the class before had 4)


-Beau, friend from college, moved here with his family


-another CG family we knew in Mobile lives here now


-my friend Cara, a roommate of mine when I lived in Prague, bridesmaided
and sang in my wedding (and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding), lives here, and
her brother, who was at my wedding, moved here and goes to my church


-one of the first Sundays we were at church, Melissa, a friend I knew in college walked
up to see me. I caught the bouquet at her wedding.


-a new family we met last summer and had just moved from Montgomery, AL, went to
the church in Montgomery where Jay interned right out of college


-one of my post-partum nurses at the Army
Hospital graduated from USA, and worked at the Rec center where I worked


-the most recent incident: a new couple came to our group from church Wednesday night. I was getting to know them and discovered they were from Bristol, TN. I immediately thought of the one person I know from there: Jay's best friend Clark, so I said,"Do you know Clark Phillips?" Her mouth dropped open- "He's like my big brother!" There you go. Amazing.



You know what they say...it's all about who you know!

2 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

This is so neat! Amazing how God works huh?

Jennifer said...

man...I didn't realize there were that many connections for you up there. And the Clark thing is super fun!