Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Totally Nautical, Dude!

While in Pcola we met up with Jay's Dad at NAS Pensacola.  We checked out the new wing of the Aviation Museum and then headed over to the Lighthouse.

We love big anchors!  36,000 lbs. (if I remember right)



Chain gang



You know lighthouses are run by the Coast Guard.  Interesting history, that.

The Pensacola Lighthouse Pelican. Note the Blue Angels on the wing there.  I love the Blues.  We missed their practice session that day.  Booo.


We want to be in a picture!  And do you know how hard this is with a big camera?  Yowza.





Look at this huge tree!  I really revel in the sight of one of these behemoths.


We went on a nice mulchy nature trail just past the lighthouse.  It didn't really go anywhere, but I do love the piney smell of Northwest Florida's scrubby woods.  It's funny.  I actually smelled similar ones on the coast of Spain (back in my seafaring days).  Ha.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like Harris' buzz cut! He looks like his daddy's boy!

Jessie said...

nice lighthouse ;)