Monday, November 14, 2011

October- The Big City

Start spreadin' the news....  We drove to Brooklyn to visit our friends Jessie and Brian and taste the tastes and see the sights of the Big Apple.  It was a packed weekend, and exhausting, but so worth it to catch up with dear friends and visit some places I've always wanted to visit.  I took a bazillion pictures so it was hard to narrow it down. 


 Riding the trains with Georgia.  Really one of my favorite things was seeing our children become sweet friends.

 The famous and beautiful and being repaired Brooklyn Bridge.


The DUMBO pizza place of our dreams.  Best thin crust pizza award.  And also wackiest seating method award.  You line up out front and they call out for parties by numbers and the next party of that number is seated. 

 I asked Mac what his favorite part of the weekend was and he said, "Walking on the bridge and sleeping with Eben."  They really enjoyed each other.


View from the Brooklyn Bridge a la noche.

A little boy surveys the big city. This is on Liberty Island (the island with the Statue of Liberty).


The Lady



 She really is so beautiful, magnificent, and awe-inspiring up close.  I must say I felt full to bursting with patriotic spirit.  And really- do look up and read the full poem by Emma Lazarus, part of which is inscribed on her pedestal.  It is amazing. 






Coney Island







The whole Kit N Kaboodle.  Claire says, "look no hands!"



I do love me a hot dog.




America.


Ok, craziest thing I've ever seen on the road.  This gang of bikers on 4-wheelers and motorcycles pulled out in front of us on the way out of the city.  This guy blew us away.  He rode like this for a mile.  Holy cow.  My bad, Mr. Gang Motorcycle Guy. 

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Feels less exhausting in hindsight, huh?! ;-)

I need that picture of all 7 - its precious!

Loved having you!