Thursday, March 30, 2006

Things I Don't Normally Do That I Do Do When I'm Pregnant

I have been long absent from this keyboard. It is because I am pregnant. I am experiencing my first trimester illness and it brings me down pretty hard. Right now I'm preheating the oven for my 16th mini meal of the day. Fish sticks. Gross, but it is one of the foods I can tolerate. I only buy fish sticks when I'm pregnant. Here are some other trends of the condition:

* Drive down the road with a huge bag of Lime Tostitos on my lap (consuming them as I drive)
* Sleep like one dead, at 8:00 in the evening
* Snap at my husband ( I know it's no excuse, but really I'm not a snappy person)
* Cry at the sight of little old men in plaid polyester pants
* Eat alot of food, frequently. Literally my life is dictated by my stomach.
* Long for Thai soup (Tom Kuh Gai I think it's called)
*Cry over longed for Thai Soup- quote: "I just love it so much. I can't explain it." (while tears are running down my face)
*Throw up two times a day
*Feel like I'm going to throw up all day every day


This is not a pity party, just a little insight into the crazy world of my pregnancies. We are praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby. Pray with us! Due date is November 11.

This summer would be the time for my 10 year high school reunion. "Ten years" sounds unbelievable to me! Am I that old? I was thinking about trying to organize a reunion with all 5 students in my graduating class. No I did not leave off two zeros. I can proudly say I was number 3 in my class. Anyhoo, our reunion would be more of an intimate or awkward dinner get-together than a major reunion. What I would do is try to get in contact with the class above and below us, that way we'd avoid some of the awkwardness. (What do you think Jess?No.2 in our class-way to go Jess!) Speaking of our school, a small Christian academy-there was a current teacher from ACA on Wheel of Fortune last week! Wow! She won some big bucks. And she gave a shout out to all the students at Aletheia Christian Academy! I shed a tear.

Now I will go eat my yummy fish sticks. They are not processed, but cut from whole filets. Quality.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Love your pregnant list, Merrill! You have that list thing going on--

Anonymous said...

Hi Merrill,

Congrats on your pregnancy! What a wonderful blessing! I hope you get over the "morning" sickness soon. I am expecting my SIXTH niece/nephew in July. Laura is expecting...her second. I also have a good friend expecting her first baby in October. Babies everywhere!

Your lil girl is precious! She is just adorable! You have been blessed with a wonderful family.

I really enjoy reading your blog when I can find time. You certainly have a way with words and I enjoy all your stories and editorials. I am glad you are so happy!

Congrats!

Take care.

Meri

Anonymous said...

"Cry at the sight of little old men in plaid polyester pants" -- I"m glad to know that someone cries at the same kind of stuff that I do. That made me laugh. :) Congratulations on the pregnancy! Hope that you're feeling better soon.
-- annie :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, about the high school reunion, the first week of August would be good for me, otherwise I make no promises on coming back for it, and who was on wheel of fortune?

Merrill said...

Thanks so much everyone-you are all very encouraging!