Friday, November 06, 2009

The Kind You Find at a Secondhand Store

Secondhand store outfit:

Spanish Leather boots (7 1/2 Narrow): $6.96
Cream and tan wool houndstooth pencil skirt: $6.98
Pale pink belted sweater top: $2.98
Gap striped lambswool scarf: $2.98

TOTAL: $19.90

(I just have to comment on the boots which are a miracle to me. I have small, narrow feet and tiny calves. I have never been able to buy a pair of high boots like this because they are so wide around my calves that my legs look like that last fry sticking out of a fry carton. These actually sit perfectly on my weenie calves, and on top of that, they are narrows, which means probably the best fitting boots I have ever found. And for $7! I have to thank God. He has convicted me lately of my lack of trusting him with money. It is that simple and straightforward. It is tight around here due to the fact that we're paying a mortgage in Mobile, and rent here...I love thrift stores anyway, but I think this trip he really blessed me- I not only found this outfit but another plaid wool skirt (Ann Taylor) for a couple bucks, plus snow pants for Mac for a few bucks too.)


Blessed are You, LORD God of Israel, our Father, forever and ever.

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness,
The power and the glory,
The victory and the majesty;
For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours;
Yours is the kingdom, O LORD,
And You are exalted as head over all.

Both riches and honor come from You,
And You reign over all.
In Your hand is power and might;
In Your hand it is to make great
And to give strength to all.

I Chron 29:10-12

3 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Love it Merrill.God is faithful!

Kelli Hodges said...

Hot Mama!!! Seriously, it is so exciting to find a deal like that.

Demetrius and Amy said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm right there with you. Isn't it neat how He loves us so practically? I loved the french fry comparison. And I really love some thrift store shopping!