Saturday, November 28, 2009

November BOTM

Late, of course, but here it is- the November Book of the Month, Cranberry Thanksgiving by Wende and Harry Devlin. It is a book I remember my mom reading to me as a child- it was published in 1971. This is a fun book about Maggie and her grandmother who live on the edge of a cranberry bog in New England. They have invited two guests over for Thanksgiving, and one tries to steal Grandmother's secret Cranberry Bread recipe! Children will learn a good lesson about looking beyond outward appearances and about forgiveness too. My favorite character- Mr. Whiskers, an old crusty sea captain who loves to eat! The secret Cranberry Bread recipe is included for all those who love to bake. There are several other Cranberry books by the Devlins, including Cranberry Christmas which I will try to check out this month. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

No comments: