Friday, November 06, 2009

The Washington Monument



Mac came and got me last week, excitedly telling me that he had built the Washington Monument! I think he did a wonderful job. You can see him jumping up and down with great energy and excitement.
George would be glad to know that my kids are such big fans of his. Ruthie is constantly asking to go to "that place where George Washington lived and is buried." They have found George on the quarter, and they love looking for the Monument when we're driving around town (there are certain places where on clear days the Monument can be seen.) Ruthie has been so curious about George, asking me tons about his faith and what he ate. She told me she felt like he was in her thoughts, like he was there when she went to bed and changed clothes and went potty. This made me laugh, but I think what she means is just that she is thinking about him alot, wondering about his life. I am glad she and Mac are learning and interested in history, and I plan on looking up some books for them to learn more about our great first president.

No comments: