Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Ruthie!

Ruthie turned 5 on the 15th and we celebrated with a Mermaid Party on Saturday!


Yummy mermaid cake! (It was quite labor intensive to make, but I thought it turned out ok. Ruthie's comment when she saw it in the morning, "Isn't she supposed to be sitting on a rock?" Funny. She liked it, but she is the world's expert on mermaids, and she knew this was an imposter.)


The two boys Ruthie invited were unable to come be pirates with Mac, but Mella's little brother Dante was there to have some swashbuckling fun!
Hugs and presents from sweet friends!


Jalon, Ruthie, Mella, and Evelyn- beautiful girlies show off their mermaid crowns.


The girls colored the mermaid, and played "pin the tail on the mermaid."




Ruthie indoctrinating her friends- reading "The Nutcracker" to them. Notice Mac spying from up above.

Decorating the crowns with pretty jewels, starfish, seahorses and sea turtles! The girls also got a strand of mermaid pearls as a party favor.

3 comments:

Kelli Hodges said...

What a cute party idea! Great job on the cake, Merrill!!! I can't believe she's 5.

Parks Avenue said...

Aww Merrill! These kinds of celebrations are wonderful, but they make me sad because we certainly wish we were with you to celebrate. The pics reminded me of Ruthie's party last year:) The mermaid cake, by the way, was fabulous! You did a great job! Tell your sweet girl happy birthday from the Parks! Especially Paige and Annalee (says Paige:)

Jennifer said...

The cake turned out great! I have to admit that I wish I knew these little girls partying with sweet Ruthie. I feel like I'm missing out on her new friendships.