Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's up, dog? (not the temperature outside, I assure you)

To conserve energy we have shut the vents in our guest room/computer room meaning I am frrrreeezing right now and this will be quick. I am officially tired of the cold weather, and I think when it warms up to somewhere near 40 I will feel like it is warm outside and we will go have a picnic. Didn't know we were moving to MINNESOTA! I foolishly thought this was VIRGINIA, once considered part of the CONFEDERACY, the SOUTH. Not FROZEN TUNDRA. Oh well. I'll stop complaining. Here is what we've been doing:

-The kids are definitely feeling the lack of outdoor recreation. I am feeling their lack of outdoor recreation. We are all a little wild-eyed and snippy lately.

-One of Ruthie's dreams came true on Saturday- she started ballet lessons! She was so excited, it was precious to behold. I will take and post pictures later- didn't want to stress her out on her first day. I asked her what her favorite part of the class was, and she said dreamily, "Everything."

-Harris (almost 9 months old now) is getting 4 top teeth at once. The two eye teeth have cut through, but the front two are still taking their sweet time. So I think this is why he is up once every night, usually around 2 a.m. It wearies me, but letting him cry it out just seems wrong at this point. I am weak. It is just easier to feed him, which takes less than 5 minutes, and go back to bed. He is certainly not lacking for food- he weighs 20.5 lbs. based on my bathroom scale. Wow. My other two were barely 20 lbs at the one year mark.

-Jay has started classes for his Masters. He will be gone a good bit in the evenings and weekends, which is not fun, but it is only for a short while.

-I am joining the choir at church. It is time to stun them with my amazing voice that I have been honing by singing "Burning Down the House" with Mac. Solo here I come! (you know I'm kidding, don't you?) I have also been working on the kitchen walls-stripping wallpaper- not fun, but rather cathartic. I can't wait to be done since Jay has said he will paint for me. The walls will be a lovely shade of green, and I have curtains standing ready. I am also waiting for Jay to hang some curtain rods so I can invent some curtains in the dining room and master bedroom. Stay tuned!

My legs are tingly
and my nose is froze
so I will not compose
anymore for those
of you who want to knows
what's up, dog?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

January stinks.

The McNeills said...

Stay warm. It's creeping up to 39 here this week. The kids are convinced that they don't really need to wear hats in such "warm" weather.