Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Big Boy Bed for a Big Boy!

So big! Wearing Mommy's shoes. And his snazzy haircut courtesy of Daddy. (This is back in Feb.)


About a week before Peter came we decided to move Harris into the big boy bunk bed in the boy's new room. It was super-easy, probably because Harris loves his big brother and loves being in a bunk bed with Mac overhead. He never made a word of protest, and never looked back at the old crib. We built up to it, of course, talking alot about the big boy bed and his new room with brother, and referring to his old room as Peter's room. Harris is really such a BIG boy- it seems the crib was already outdated. He talks so much and runs with his big bro and sis doing whatever they do.


I love their new room- it has taken a long time to get it together, and there is still work to be done on it. The bunk turned out just the way I wanted it- my favorite things are the wall book shelves so the boys can keep books to look at without them being all in the bed and falling on the ground. I also love the Coast Guard Life preserver pillow- I just had to get one. The room is sort of a transportation motif, but I don't like to be too themey. We're leaning heavily to the aviation side of things anyway. More pictures to come when it's all done.

4 comments:

Duane and Kim said...

Where did you get your wall bookshelves?

Jessie said...

super cute! I am totally impressed. I'm not thinking of putting C in a bed for like another 2 years!!! But I don't have any motivation to do so, either, I guess....way to go Harry!

Donna said...

We are about to do this very same thing in a month or two with Tucker to make room for Charles. I don't see a rail- did you put him right in the bed without a rail? The room is so bright and cheery- I love the shevles and red dresser!

Merrill said...

Kim-the shelves are from the Land of Nod (so is the pillow). Donna- we have never used a rail, we use a pool noodle cut in half, or a rolled up blanket/towel.