Saturday, April 09, 2011

Fingerpainting





I must confess I dread when the kids ask to do fingerpainting- it is just such a confounded mess. But I don't want to quench their little artsy spirits so we do it occasionally. This is Harris' first time, which IS sad since he is almost 2- but I think we just usually do it when he's asleep. But he can find consolation in the fact that he's gotten everything else way before the other kids- like sugary foods and movies and popcorn- things you can keep away from kid #1 and kid #2 way more easily than kid #3. Peter will probably get a lollipop next week at this rate. Anyway- I enjoyed Harris' seriousness as he engaged in this tactile experience. He was a bit unsure of the gooeyness. At the end he tried a paintbrush out too. You might be wondering about the Navy shirt. Courtesy of my Dad. I must say I will always be partially a Navy girl.

1 comment:

The McNeills said...

Like the shirt, Harry! Go Navy! :)