Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tagged!


I have been tagged by my friend Jess. She mentioned the word meme which I had never heard.

Four Jobs I've Had
1.Hotel housekeeping(Panama City Beach, FL), you want I fluff your pillow?
2.English teacher(Prague)
3.Landscaper/Lawn maintenance(Navarre, Pensacola, FL) One word. Hot.
4.Sales Rep at a Jockey outlet store(Fort Walton Beach, FL) Thongs anyone?


Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
1.Roman Holiday (Audrey Hepburn's first major role, alongside Gregory Peck)
2.Gladiator (He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him)
3.You've Got Mail (F-O-X)
4.Pride and Prejudice (A&E version with Colin Firth)
5.Say Anything (Lloyd, Lloyd all null and void)

Four Magazines I Enjoy
1.Martha Stewart Living (Martha is amazing. Slightly annoying, but amazing)
2.Real Simple. (This magazine is full of helpful info, and fun quotes)
3.Parents (This is self-explanatory)
4.National Geographic Adventure (makes me want to wander the earth like Cain)

Four Places I've Lived
1.Prague, Czech Republic
2.Almaty, Kazakhstan (boy I could go for a hot cup of chai right now)
3.Navarre, Florida (real estate is out of control there now)
4.Whidbey Island, Washington (my earlist childhood memories, ferries, rocky beaches)

Four TV Shows I Watch Regularly
1.24 (new season) Jack Bauer is my hero.
2.24 (old seasons on DVD) I hate Nina.
3.Jeopardy (how old is Alex?)
4.Dirty Jobs (on the Discovery channel), my husband's favorite

Four Places I've Been On Vacation
1.Vernazza, Florence, Venice: Italy
2.Krakow, Poland
3.Barcelona, Montserrat, Cadaques, Costa Brava:Spain
4.North Cascades in Washington State

Four Websites I Visit Daily
1.Jessie's blog, I love it!
2.gmail
3.Cara's blog, my friend and roommate in Praha! Long live Ebel cafe and Tram #18!
4.junkmail for blankets

Four Books I Could Read Over and Over
1.Lord of the Rings
2.To Kill a Mockingbird
3.A Severe Mercy (by Sheldon Vanauken)
4.Chosen by God (RC Sproul) I can't seem to finish it so I read it over and over
5.Narnia(The Chronic-(what?) cles of Narnia) True Dat! Double True!

Four Favorite Foods
1.Butch burger at Butch Cassidy's (Mobile, AL)
2.Pecan and Romano crusted chicken with lemon buerre blanc, and lovely bread dipped in oil and vinegar from The Bakery Cafe (Mobile, AL)
3.Fried shrimp from Banana Docks Cafe (Mobile, AL)
4.Authentic(I believe my Dad, grew up outside Philly) Philly cheesesteak from Philly's (Pensacola, FL)
(I'm now salivating)
5.Ice Cream

Four Places I'd Like To Be Right Now
1.Visiting Jessie in St.Louis
2.Prague, city of my heart
3.Hiking to Schreiber's Meadow, slopes of Mt.Baker (WA)
4.La Playa (anywhere...Mediterranean, Malibu, Fiji)

Four Bloggers I'm Tagging
1.Cara
2.I'm a loser
3.I'm a loser
4.I'm a loser
(I applied these extras to my other categories)

5 comments:

Cara said...

Merrill, you bad girl! I currently have 5 topics I'm blogging on (not published yet), and you have gone ahead and tagged me!!!!!! Okay.....I'm doing it now. Check my blog later today--

Anonymous said...

Merrill, you sound so exotic in your lists of places you've lived, vacationed, etc...and I honestly got a tear in my eye when you said you'd want to be visiting me now. That would be wonderful...come anytime!

Anonymous said...

Five movies, five books, five foods. Well, 4=5 for sufficiently large values of 4. That's something a maths teacher might typically say when they write an equation wrong on the blackboard :-)

Cara said...

Hi, Merrill! I saw you have a gmail account in your blog: what's your gmail address? My last email addresses for you keep bouncing back to me--

Merrill said...

Cara
Make way for IMPORTANT topics. Ha!
Jess,
I wish I had a private pilot's license and a little Leer Jet and that I didn't tend toward airsickness so I could fly to see you all the time. And we could fly other places together, how fun!

Daen-who are you, mystery commenter? If you noticed, I applied my last 3 that had no answer to the other categories. I do hate math, though and I would gladly flout the rules and say 1+1=3. Which it really does in the case of human reproduction.