Monday, February 05, 2007

the ball

Saturday night Jay and I went to a military Mardi Gras ball. It was fun to be Cinderella and get dressed up and dance the night away. I found that the military part of the ball gave it a little more purpose than just a "mardi gras" ball, which I think is a purposeless celebration. I was very glad to meet two people that Jay works with when he goes to Drill, making it seem more real and tangible to me. The band was good, and dinner was pretty tasty. We posed prom-like just for the memory. The reality of the evening was leaving in the middle to go nurse my baby (who refuses to take a bottle, so far- we're gonna keep trying). All in all it was good to wash off the spit-up, get out of the house, and enjoy a few dances with my husband.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey, girlfriend! Cool hair....love it.

Cara

Anonymous said...

Aww... you guys are beautiful!!!
I bet it was so fun!
~Mallory
oh... by the way, i sent you an email last week. i didnt know which email address to send it to. did you get it?