Monday, February 12, 2007

tagged

What is Quirkiness anyway? "Quirkiness is in the eye of the beholder." I've been tagged and I must post 6 quirky things about me. I agree with what Jessie said about feeling like I'm normal, but I remember a quote, not sure from whom, “Everyone is someone else's weirdo.” So I tried to step outside of myself and determine my weirdness from an objective perspective. You'll have to let me know how I did.

I pick my eyebrows when I'm thinking, reading, or stressed out. If I happen to pull an eyebrow out I roll it in my fingers. I like the sound and feel of it. After I had my first baby I literally had bald spots in my eyebrows from pulling on them.

I like to eat cream cheese wrapped in slices of bologna. I'm not sure where I came up with this, but it is yummy.

I hate monkeys. Not sure why. They disgust me somehow.

I love words. Big words and little words. I like reading the dictionary.

I like Kevin Bacon but I hate Footloose. (this doesn't count, I just thought it fit here.)

I love vinegar. I eat it on my spinach. One time my husband dared me to drink the leftover vinegar after the spinach was gone, and I did it. And I liked it except for the burning. I love things with vinegar-salad dressings, pickles, mustard. They make my mouth water.

I have a very strong sense of smell. I love lots of weird smells, like new books; shoe stores; new tires; that shiny paper that lots of newsletters and mail come on; gas stations; old books; woodsmoke; bandaids; and beach air. I love the smell of freshly turned dirt and newly mown grass. I like driving by bread factories and not paper mills. This smelling thing is a blessing and a curse.

I have very small wrists. I think they've been the same size since elementary school.

No comments: