Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A hodges family Christmas

Here is the annual family picture. If you didn't get one it's because I ran out.
Romping with Daddy. I love matching jammies.
Mac, sorely tempted.
Our little Christmas angel.

We had a lovely Christmas/New Year. Here are some memorable things about it.

1. We were in our home for Christmas morning. It was very sweet and relaxing. Jay's mom and step-dad came Christmas Eve (JuJu and PawPaw were like Santa in their Tahoe, loaded down with presents for all the grandkids, blowing in from way up north Montgomery) and we all had chili and opened presents along with Jay's brother and family. Ruthie got to feed her baby cousin a bottle- she was in heaven.
2. I cooked my first turkey. He was an 18 pounder. He went down without a fight. We loved the leftovers.
3. Our tree didn't fall over this year. It leaned slightly to starboard, but it stayed up.
4. We went to my family for New Years and had greens and black-eyed peas and Jay and I got to go out on New Year's Eve with my brother and sis-in-law without kids!
5. We got to see our friends Craig and Cary Perry and meet their baby Seth. He is precious. It's always hard to catch up in two hours or less, but you get what you can and just be so happy we have heaven.
6. Ruthie is obsessed with Baby Jesus. She loves him and looks for him everywhere. She has seen his star in the east and has come to worship him. Her favorite Christmas carol was The Little Drummer Boy. She can sing the whole thing including each and every pa rum pum pum pum.
7. Mac was obsessed with the little green ball ornaments on the table right behind the couch. He would stand up on the couch, grab one, and try to run around the house with one in his mouth. Don't worry- he never made it very far. He had very good self-control with the tree. He would stand staring up at it and talk to it alot though.
8. Rootie got an umbrella (she walks around saying "tut, tut it looks like rain!" like Christopher Robin.)
9. The almost best moment of the whole month was when Jay almost sprayed the new shaving cream I got him all over his body because he thought it was body spray. The conversation-
Jay: You must really like how this smells (shaving cream poised to "spray")
Me: (back turned) I don't really know about how it smells, but it's supposed to be good for your skin.
Jay freezes. He reads the label. He starts laughing.
Jay: I thought it was body spray or something!
Me: Oh if only I hadn't answered!
Oh well.

1 comment:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay, glad to see new postings. The Christmas pictures are adorable. The one of little Angel Ruthie is my favorite and reminds me of a figurine my mom has - it's uncanny.