Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm joining the disgruntled party

"I voted" said the sticker on my shirt. This is really the first time I almost didn't vote. When I filled in my little bubble I noticed there was one labeled "uncommitted." I contemplated that, but figured, hey, I drove here to the polls and I might as well vote for someone. I am not a huge follower of political things, but I do usually find a candidate that aligns with what I believe, and one that I can vote for with confidence. This year, and I know it is just the primary, not so. I struggle between idealism voting- voting for that unknown guy who has no chance whatsoever; and strategic voting- voting for someone just because it is against someone else, or just voting for "the lesser of two weevils" (to quote Captain Aubrey in Master and Commander). I think the two weevils is what it will come down to on that Tuesday in November.

No comments: