Monday, January 24, 2011

Harris- 21 months old

This is Harris, waking up from a nap, happy in this case...







He is such a delightful boy. He is 21 months old now and has such personality. He talks constantly, either in his own language or with a daily-increasing vocabulary of our language. His favorite words for awhile have been "ball " and "trash truck." He can say almost anything you ask him to say; one day Jay told him to say, "all I want is chips" and he said it. Harris is full of energy and runs around after his siblings, hopping and bopping right along with them.

He loves me to read to him; he will bring a book, take hold of my hand and put the book in it and say "EED EESE" (read please). His favorite books have sneezing in them, or fun noises like "swoosh, whoosh, zoom!" Probably his favorite book right now is "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown. He loves the moon and the red balloon, and he can whisper "Hush" just like the old lady.

Harry is very mischievous and gives me that cute smile you see in the bottom picture when I catch him into something. Last week it was cupcakes. He got to the cake stand with cupcakes that was on the kitchen table, knocked it over and ate bites of frosting off various choice cupcakes. All he had to say for himself was "cupcakes" with a big smile. He is also a big fan of the toilet brush.

He is very attached to his Blankie, the blue silkie one in his crib there, and he sometimes drags it around the house until I notice and ask him to put it back in his bed. He snuggles into it when he's tired or upset.


Harry likes shoes and hats, and tries to wear everyone's shoes around the house. One of my favorite hat choices he has made is Mac's baseball glove. I try to get him to wear socks around the house since it is chilly, but he won't keep them on without shoes over them.


Harry is very snuggly, and sometimes when he wakes up from a nap he'll just let me hold him on my shoulder and rock him and sing or talk to him, which is so sweet to me. I think this snuggliness's flipside is being too attached to me, and wanting me to hold him often when I can't, such as cooking time, or now as my belly is growing and I'm running out of lap.


Harry loves Daddy and runs to meet him when he hears him come home from work. Yesterday he saw Jay sitting on the couch after dinner and ran to him, saying "football!" You can see what they've been doing alot of lately. I taught him to say "touchdown!" and hold his arms up.


We love this boy so much, and I write all this mainly for my own remembrance- he is growing up so quickly, and I am so much busier with each child...baby books are being neglected...And Harris will soon not be the baby anymore! He brings us such joy!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I just read this post and got to the end and thought,
"gosh, she needs another baby!" then I remembered you are getting one! ;-)