Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Project #2

Ruthie and I are learning to knit. Our friend Andrea, an avid and skilled knitter, has generously offered to teach us and we had our first lesson last Wednesday. I'm getting the hang of it, and Ruthie is too; she did a whole row by herself the other day! She really enjoys it and can't wait to make booties and scarfs for her babies and Felicity doll. I hope she'll stick with it- I think it's a great skill for life!





Andrea is so patient!

Look at the intensity, the focus, the concentration!

2 comments:

Donna said...

How fun! I'm catching up on your blog tonight- I LOVED Ruthie's b'day party- what a WONDERFUL idea and I'm sure the girls had a blast. I myself LOVED colonial things at her age. Julia's not there yet- but when she's older I'd love to learn to knit with her.

The McNeills said...

Hannah and I are learning to knit together this year, too. I like crocheting, but knitting seems harder? I agree it is a great thing to know. Looking forward to seeing the booties. :)