Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Independence Day!

We had a lovely 4th, grilling out for lunch and then meeting up with friends at the US Air Force Memorial to watch the fireworks in DC.  It was a wonderful celebration with kids playing, flags waving, good conversations, picnic dinners, listening to the Air Force band, watching the Air Force drill team, and then the fireworks over our nation's capital.  How patriotic can you get?  I also thought it was notable that the families in our group represented 4 of the 5 military services; Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, and Marines.

















The day after the 4th we had our own firework celebration on our driveway.  Sparklers, snappers, flaming tanks and fountains of sparks greatly entertained the kids.  It was so sweet to see their delight and joy in our little celebration.  I am very partial to sparklers- they take me back to my childhood and they're just so sparkly and fun!  Happy Bday America! 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

that picture of Mac with the flag is perfect!

Donna said...

That's how I want to spend a Fourth of July- I would have cried for sure- patriotism chokes me up. The first group picture with Ruthie holding Mac looks like he has on a khaki shirt with red leggings at first glance. :)