Monday, March 08, 2010

Before and After: No-Sew Curtains!

I got crafty the other day, finally doing this project that I hatched up months ago. I bought some cute, inexpensive place mats, folded down a few inches and hot-glued them. Voila! A polka dot valance with a tailored look. I especially thought these place mats worked well because of the contrasting solid color on the back. Super easy, super cheap- I think the place mats cost about $15 or less at TJ Maxx. Now I just need to find some fun, new, and inexpensive lampshades that will coordinate better. Gotta go to IKEA!

Our dining room window before...


And after!


A close up... I love the green, it brings out the hints of green in my grandmother's dessert plates hanging overhead.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They look great! And they are very Merrill...all polka dotty and all.