Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nothing like a little (British) Homefront Propaganda

If you've noticed the Keep Calm button on my sidebar- well, I just wanted to share the story behind the poster. I find it so interesting; history buffiness coming out I guess. I loved it the first time I saw it, just because it is so British- so unruffled, stiff-upper-lip, and straightforward. Well, it was actually a poster created by the British Ministry of Information, pre/early WWII. It was printed, but not distributed, thankfully, when you see what they were intending it for...ok, just go here and read it for yourself! It is so interesting!

( I also read on Wikipedia that parodies of the poster have been made with an upside-down crown and the words, "Now Panic and Freak Out.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - that IS so interesting! I have that same button on my sidebar - had no idea it had to much history.