Friday, March 26, 2010

Spatulas and Siblings and Such



Today was a rainy day, and the temperature dropped significantly- so as Jay said, the only thing to do was go to IKEA. I was looking for a step stool and lampshades, but struck out in those departments. I did get some handy dandy kitchen tools that I've been wanting, like a screen (a buck or so) to put over a frying pan when I fry stuff, and a spatula (56cents), and as an added bonus I got a cake decorating kit for $4.99! It includes several different tips (as in metal thingies, not helpful hints) and those white bags, a spreader and a cool device that allows you to slice a cake in small layers. I also got the simple, white, sheer curtains for our bedroom, only $9.99 (pictured below, sorry the picture is rather dark)! I hope you don't feel annoyed by my mentioning prices, I just love a good deal, and it is worth passing on if anyone else is in the market for such an item. My favorite thing was when the kids posed for me in an eclectic, red, wicker outdoor chair. I love Ruthie and Mac adoring their baby brother, and his little face saying, "they love me, mama, they really do. And I love them." Makes my heart ache a little. You know, that too-happy-oh-my-heart-is-so-full ache.

3 comments:

The McNeills said...

I like the pretty bedspread too! Any tips (hints not metal thingys) on where you got that? :)

Merrill said...

I got the quilt from Urban Outfitters.

Jessie said...

That is a very sweet picture!