Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I've Got the When-is-the-sun-coming-out-again-and-my-husband-is-out-of-town blues

Ain't no Sunshine when He's gone. That could've been my title too. I think when Jay is out of town I feel it more than I ever did before. Probably because I used to be used to him being gone frequently. Probably because even though we have new friends and connections here, I feel lonelier and more uncomfortable in the newness of this place. Probably because now there are three instead of two little needy children that keep me going from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Even though I miss Jay there is always this twinge of jealousy that he can "get away," while I am here with no break. Sometimes this even turns to bitterness in how I deal with the kids, or how I run to "less wild lovers" to make me feel better when I feel sorry for myself. I know this is my heart showing it's need for Hosanna- saving, now! So let me tear off some palm branches and lay them down for my Redeemer to tread more comfortably on, lay down some branches and raise my hopeful eyes to His face and say, "Hello, Great King, I am a great sinner, and I need you to save me now!" And he has, and he will. Let the King of glory come in!

3 comments:

The McNeills said...

What a great perspective. All too often I allow myself to wallow in the bitterness of those lonely days. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

thanks for being so real. that's what I've always appreciated about you.

Sally said...

This one made me shed a few tears. I love your perspective.
Sally