Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chi-Town: Big City Sights

Chicago is a pretty big city. As in attractive. There are lots of trees and flowers, and of course parks- not to mention the beautiful Lake Michigan and Chicago River. I enjoyed its big city-ness. Are you a city mouse or a country mouse? I think I must be a hybrid. I love the green and lush countryside in it's various forms, but I really love a city too- the hustle and bustle, the culture and edginess- even the graffiti is somehow aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Here are some other things that pleased my eye.


Funky art at one of the L (the elevated train) stations.

Van Gogh at the Art Institute! (sorry so blurry- need a tripod or a better camera)

Cataract surgery?





One of the drawbridges over the River.



4th Pres- right on the Magnificent Mile.


Willis-don't-call-me-Sears-Tower.



Stunning view from the Hancock Building.




Lake MI

Some other building. We took an architectural boat tour up the river and I learned some really interesting stuff about the city's architecture. Ohyeah- I think this is the Trump building. He would fire me for forgetting this obvious one.

No comments: