Friday, July 17, 2009

Neighborhood

Things I really like about our new neighborhood:



-Wide streets

-Lots of trees, including our backyard

-Sidewalks-great for walking and running

-Mailboxes are by the front door- I've always wanted to have a walking postman to wave to and check my mail in a little box by my door. It also makes the neighborhood look less cluttery with a zillion different mailboxes.

-Big hills!-good for running, walking, getting in shape. And sledding, should the opportunity arise.

-Close to everything-shopping, restaurants, parks, historic sites, and a metro stop

-Friendly- we have met so many neighbors already. There are tons of dog-walkers out in the evenings and they stop to chat. (They also pick up their dog's poo in little baggies. Two thumbs up from me!)

-Lightning bugs- I know they are not exclusive to our neighborhood, but they make me so happy. They remind me of my childhood days living up here....One time in particular I recall when I was living in Maryland, we lived on top of a hill. This night I looked out over the hills and farmland and it was twinkling with thousands of lightning bugs, like a fairy land.

-Curbside recycling- comes with our garbage service.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You MUST go catch some lighting bugs in a jar (with holes in the cover).
Sally

Donna said...

Sounds dreamy- I long for all of that- especially sidewalks! Glad you are getting settled- this should be an awesome adventure!

danielle said...

That is great! And it sounds a lot like our neighborhood ( except the mailbox) and I don't know about you but it has made the move for me a lot easier!