Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our first new park




This is one of our closest parks. It is called Grist Mill Park because it is located near the site of George Washington's Grist Mill (and near his Mt. Vernon estate). It is a fun park, and the very first time we went we met a wonderful mom and her two children who have become our friends. ( I hope to get a picture of them soon.) The other day we went and I met moms from China, Brazil, and Germany. This community is definitely made up of a lot of internationals. I love meeting all these women, and I hope I can really make some good friendships. Good friendships means knowing each other. And I hope knowing me means getting to know Jesus. I met a lady at church the other day who said she heard a preacher say that military families are really missionaries, constantly being "sent out." It is definitely true.

No comments: