Thursday, July 02, 2009

PCS=Military Lingo for Permanent Change of Station

So far moving is hell. It is so out of control and crazy. I can say like that comfortingly angst-filled bard of pop culture Alanis Morrissete, "I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed/I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby." I think that hell could be a for sale sign in your yard and a moving van in your driveway and lots of boxes. In really hot conditions, ummm, like south Alabama in a heat wave. But, unlike hell, I see hope (like a soap on a rope) and I see God. We are currently in Huntsville, AL, waiting to feed bambino Harris so we can get a good start. Having a 2 month old really adds some time on to this whole process, but on the other hand we can relax more...stop to feed him while the other kids play in the van or walk around a rest stop. Jay got a GPS for his birthday/Fathers Day/4th of July/Secretaries Day and it is super handy for finding Chic-Fil-As where they have relatively non-germy play places. So give us a wink and a prayer as we blow by your Corvette in our sweet MINIVAN and see you in VA, baby!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

you forgot to add the element of having two sick children while moving. We are missing you already...and here's to Chick-er-ay's!

Brandon said...

MTF=Civilian Lingo for Missing Their Friends :(

Duane and Kim said...

Thought about calling you to play and missed you already:(

Parks Avenue said...

Let's call it TCS=TEMPORARY change of station. I like that better, and want you to come home already!

--Shelley said...

sorry it was hell but it made for a hilarious post. hope it is getting better quickly.

Anonymous said...

wow. I can't believe you guys are actually gone. I don't even live in mobile and I am sad. I MISS YOU TOO, danggit.