Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

So I have been promising stories in my other posts- here is the one that has to do with the diaper changing pad drying in the laundry room.

Usually when a baby is around 4 months old they start transitioning from many zillions of poopies a day to one a day or even one every several days. Harris decided to go big or go home on this one. He hadn't pooped for days and I was anxiously awaiting it, nervous about constipation now that he is eating more solid foods. (For those of you leery of poop conversations, sorry, this is what moms talk about. And people who have lived overseas. And brothers.) So on the way to church, which is a struggle in itself- getting 5 people out the door and to church by 8:50-we hear the familiar grunts that signal the moment we have all been waiting for. And we smell it too.

This was by far the biggest, messiest diaper I have ever had the joy of changing. I mean unbelievable. I mean I need a garden hose, a haz-mat suit, goggles, and a hazardous waste disposal team. But all I had were some wimpy wipes, a Wal-Mart bag. and Jay (who is trying not to gag). So a mom does what she can. Needless to say we were over 20 minutes later than late.

A week later, boom. Harris does it again. Not quite as bad as the Sunday before, but we roll in to the service about 20 minutes after arriving in the parking lot. It was like clockwork. The boy has quite the consistent system.

I'm sure you're glad to know his little self has settled in to a more frequent schedule and he has stopped the Sunday morning diaper bombings. But we still have trouble getting to church on time. And just for the record, Lionel, there is nothing easy about Sunday mornings.

1 comment:

Danelle said...

haha Merrill I just love you. Great story. Kept em comin :)