Saturday, September 26, 2009

You win some, You lose some, and some get rained out




Today we went down to the National Mall for the National Book Festival. I mainly wanted to see Mo Willems, one of our family's favorite authors. We missed seeing him, and I was standing in line to see Paula Deen, but we missed her too. Long lines, and rain sort of bummed us out, and we headed home, but I did get to see Paula and her husband drive right by us in the golf cart that was taking them away from the book signing tent. She was hollering "God bless you" to someone in her very Southern, expressive way. The kids did get to see Clifford, Sid, Elmo and Chris from Sesame Street, and other favorites from PBS kids. So I'll just have to stalk Mo when we go visit our friends the Steadmans who live in his neighborhood in NYC. (Ok, I would never stalk anyone. I would just try to find him and say, "we love your books. keep up the great work. aggle flaggle klabble.")




1 comment:

Elena said...

I've ordered our first Mo Willems book. Thanks for the recommendation. Any others I should be tracking down?