Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Park Day at Belvoir







We've had some lovely weather this month- one day we went to a park on the huge army post near us, Ft. Belvoir. This is the army's flagship installation, and it is really a beautiful post-very woodsy and the housing is amazing. Belvoir means "beautiful view" in French, and the property used to belong to a wealthy family back when George Washington was farming nearby at Mt. Vernon. We could have lived on post but the waiting list was a year long! Belvoir is a very busy place, but we love being able to shop at the Commissary and save so much money on groceries. The army hospital is where we have to go for health care, and I will soon post a story about our first time there.
This park we went to is great- it has a walking path that circles the playground so I can walk and push Harris while the other kids play. I hope to be able to come here alot and do this because it is hard to walk with three kids in our neighborhood. One day I went walking with a friend and I had Harris on my front in the Ergo Baby, and I was pushing Ruthie and her friend, and it was really tough. That's like 14 lbs on my body, plus pushing around 75 lbs in the stroller. I felt like a contestant in the Iron Mama competition. Not that there is one. But that's what I felt like.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

There is an iron mama competition. Its called, "daily life" and you are your won biggest rival.

The McNeills said...

Great to hear that you're settling in. What part of VA are you in? We're moving to Norfok in June... aka Navyland. :) Can't wait to hear your base hospital story. I still remember my first pelvic exam from a guy wearing camouflage!