Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

























It was a beautiful fall day in Northern Virginia so we went with my new friend Laurie and her kids Mella (3) and Dante (16 months or so) to a church nearby that does a pumpkin patch. Note the changing leaves! (It brings me such joy.) We all had fun, even Harris who attempted to eat some grass and leaves during his photo shoot. Mac was very agreeable as you can see, cheesed it up- maybe showing off his new very short buzz. Doesn't Ruthie look so grown up in that top picture? I was telling a friend just this week how it seems to me that all the baby girl is gone and she is just total young lady now. Sigh.


So the pumpkins came home, and I put them outside in the yard/patio, but the stinking squirrels, apparently cash strapped due to the state of the economy, have started eating our pumpkins. I moved the pumpkins inside, perhaps rather uncharitably, but really, squirrels need to stick to acorns. I hope they got squirrel diarrhea. Serves them right.





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are the last person I'd expect to be unwilling to feed the squirrels. Didn't you move that little one off your front porch for him to enjoy...you are confusing him with your mixed signals.